- Parent company: BioMS.
- Administered intravenously every six months. Proposes to make the immune system tolerant to Myelin Basic.
- Protein (target of MS attack), by giving large doses of this synthetic peptide (protein) drug.
- Phase II trials showed that versus placebo, MBP8298 safely delayed median time to disease progression by five years in progressive (SPMS) patients.
- MAESTRO-01 is an ongoing study with 611 SPMS patients in Canada and Europe; one-year interim safety analysis recommended to continue study as planned.
- MINDSET-01 is a phase II trial with RRMS patients in Europe; now fully enrolled with 215 patients.
- MAESTRO-03 is a phase III trial (with SPMS patients) in the United States, which began enrolling its 510 patients in June 2007.
- Appears to be more effective in patients with certain genetic types, which includes approximately 75 percent of the MS populations.