- Parent companies: Teva Neuroscience, Inc. and Active Biotech.
- Oral medication taken daily.
- Studied in relapsing types of MS.
- This drug works as an immunomodulator, altering certain processes of the immune system.
- Results from a Phase II trial for individuals with RRMS significantly reduced disease activity by 40 percent (as measured by MRI).
- Compared to the placebo-treated group, the study showed trends toward: reducing annual relapse rates; more patients were relapse-free during the trial period; time to first relapse was delayed; and the drug was well tolerated.
- Initiation of two global Phase III trials for individuals with relapsing MS was announced in June 2007; trials to be conducted in the United States, Europe, and other locations.