- Parent company: Orchestra Therapeutics.
- T-cell vaccine given by intra-muscular injections.
- Comprised of three T-cell receptor (TCR) peptides, NeuroVax stimulates T-cells that can suppress a specific T-cell believed to be involved in MS and the attack on myelin.
- Effective in animal studies with an MS-like disorder.
- Found to induce strong disease-specific immune response in more than 90-percent of MS patients who received the treatment.
- According to Orchestra Therapeutics, "Strong immune responses to the peptides are important, since previous clinical data indicate a correlation between the strength of T-cell response to TCR therapy and clinical benefit after one year of TCR therapy."
- Currently in Phase II clinical development for a 200-patient, placebo-controlled study.