- Parent company: BioMS
- Administered intravenously every six months.
- This peptide is a synthetic fragment of myelin basic protein (MBP). It replicates the site on the MBP molecule that is believed to be a target of attack by cells of the immune system, in 65 to 75 percent of all people with MS. It is believed to induce or restore immunologic tolerance to attack.
- Phase I and II trials showed that, versus placebo, MBP8298 was safe and tolerable, and delayed the median time to disease progression by five years in people with SPMS.
- MINDSET-01 is an ongoing Phase II trial with RRMS patients in Europe, comparing MBP8298 versus placebo.
- MAESTRO-03 is a phase III trial in 510 people with SPMS who will be followed for two years. Its primary outcome measure is time to progression as measured by EDSS; secondary measures include the degree of change in EDSS and MRI changes.