- Parent companies: Teva Neuroscience, Inc. and Active Biotech
- Oral medication taken daily.
- Laquinimod is being studied in RRMS and is an immunomodulator.
- A Phase II, 36-week trial showed a 40-percent reduction in disease activity as measured by MRI, a trend toward reduction in annual relapse rates, and a delay in the time to first relapse; the drug was well tolerated.
- The 24-month BRAVO study is currently recruiting patients with RRMS. It will compare the effect of laquinimod to Avonex. The primary outcome measure is relapse rate; secondary measures are the accumulation of disability and disease activity as measured by MRI.
- A trial of safety and efficacy is now recruiting, and will compare laquinimod to placebo in patients with RRMS. The outcome measures are the same as the BRAVO study.